cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murrow
Level 8

How can I get the McAfee firewall to allow me to access Gmail?

Jump to solution

When I disable McAfee's firewall, I can access Gmail with no recurrent loading problems. Since it is a website and not a program, how do I get it pass the firewall? I cannot find where to access cookies on McAfee anymore. I have Win7, 32 bit and use IE9. The browser is set to accept Gmail's cookies. The browser goes crazy when I try to access Gmail with the firewall turned on and I get multiple browser runtime errors. I hope it is something easy that I have overlooked.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Murrow
Level 8

Re: How can I get the McAfee firewall to allow me to access Gmail?

Jump to solution

McAfee fixed the problem easily today when they restored the firewall settings on my computer to default with one click and Gmail can now be accessed with no problem. Thanks McAfee.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Murrow
Level 8

Jump to solution

McAfee fixed the problem easily today when they restored the firewall settings on my computer to default with one click and Gmail can now be accessed with no problem. Thanks McAfee.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Jump to solution

Hi Murrow,

Glad that you are Ok now and thanks for taking your  time to provide us with a status of your issue , Much appreciated !!!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Murrow
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you, Dinz, for your interest. You may be interested to know that the problem recurs after a shutdown/restart and I have to reset the firewall to default each time. Do you know of a more permanent solution? Could this have anything to do with the Gmail default setting of HTTPS? This can be changed, if needed.

Murrow

0 Kudos