cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhilashjain
Level 7

Hi Team , this is Abhilash jain

I figured out a issue with Mcafee . while working on my normal laptop , i do find a pop up Mcafee appearing saying "you are missing some Premium features ". and at the bottom i see two options as "Learn more and close.". but as i try to click on anyone of them nothing or no window pops up. and if try to close it neither it closes down . i tried clicking everywhere neither it went minimized and it neither closed. no sure how to stop it. also it appears on the top of every Google window i open . kindly help me with this. Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Hi Team , this is Abhilash jain

Successfully moved from ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) to General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

It looks like your subscription may be about to end as it's saying you are running some kind of trial software.

You may wish to contact Technical Support for a more definitive answer.

0 Kudos
abhilashjain
Level 7

Hi , Thanks for Reply. but dont u think it irritates when u wish to close some window and it doesnt. no matter even if its trial. Mcafee should take care.

Thanks Abhilash

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

I agree, but it shouldn't be doing that, that's why I suggested Tech Support.   It is free after all.

Another thing to check for would be a programme called McAfee Security Scan Plus in Control Panel > Programs and Features.

If it's there I would immediately uninstall as that is an advertising tool that could cause pop-ups also.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

As Peter stated you can remove it from your Programs and Features in the Control Panel. You can also check for other applications through this Guide. Remove "McAfee Security Scan Plus" (Uninstall Guide)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos