cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlane00
Level 7

Help with failed XTray App.?

I started up my computer yesterday, and the notification had popped up that XTray application had stopped working and windows will close it and let me know if there is a solution. I got nothing from windows, and the failed XTray is still popping up. What should I do?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
rlane00
Level 7

Re: Help with failed XTray App.?

Any help???

0 Kudos
rlane00
Level 7

anyone?

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi rlane00,

Please let us know the following information ,

What is the computer’s operating system ?
Do we receive any anonymous pop ups in the computer ?
Perform a full scan from mcafee & check if detects any potentially unwanted programs in the computer ?
Please post me with a screen shot of the X tray error .

Regards,

Dinesh K

0 Kudos
rlane00
Level 7

I cannot figure out what my operating system is on this thing. All I know is that my Laptop is a Dell Vostro 1510, it that helps.

I am recieving nonstop detection alerts right now, I tried cleaning it but it said clean failed.

Yesterday I did a full scan and it said I had some unwanted items on my comp so I had them cleaned, but the Xtray failed thing kept popping up then, so I went to the website and downloaded the virtual technician and I thought that was working and then it asked me to reboot my computer and I did. After it restarted I noticed that McAfee had just disappeared from my computer. I then tried to re-download McAfee using the disc and now it says I only own a trial version, when I still have a year and half left in my contract, so something is not right. I tried logging on the McAfee but I forgot my password, then tried to have my password sent to me at my email address, but for some reason it will not send my password.

I am lost at what to do, please help!!

Thank you

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

In order to identify your operating system go to your Start Menu

Start then click  All Programs then click Accesories then click System Tools then click System Information

A box will open up that displays a lot of information about your computer. This is where you find the info that Dinz is requesting.

0 Kudos
rlane00
Level 7

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium...

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

OK I am sure Dinz will get back to you.

Thanks

0 Kudos
34norris
Level 7

I am havIng the exact same problem with the same laptop help please

0 Kudos
beth76
Level 7

Same thing happened to me. Same computer, same operating system. Its been about a week now. That would have been about April 11th. I even did a system restore since some of the Windows updates screwed up my computer the next day. I did the system restore to last month (way before the problem) yet its still there.

0 Kudos