cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
confused10
Level 7

Help ! after new version of mcafee computer keeps crashing !

A few weeks ago i noticed that mcafee had changed its icon to a shield and it kept crashing my computer,i thought it was a microsoft error ,that seems to have resolved itself after various microsoft updates .

Last night i tried to click on the shield of mcafee and noticed it didnt do anything ! ? so i tried to download it again from the mcafee website and it kept crashing and sticking my computer ?? I have vista home premium,i had to do a system restore to get my computer to work again, but i still cant get anything from the mcafee shield ??

Im pulling my hair out, i am a total novice when it comes to computer ,please help me as i dont want my computer not to be secure ??

Thank you please if you can help can you make it simple as i really dont know much about all the techno speak for computers

Thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Help ! after new version of mcafee computer keeps crashing !

I believe the upgrade was not correctly done or may be somthing went wrong during the upgradation. Follow this

instructions to run the removal tool for McAfee and reinstall them back, if you still have any issues please revert back

0 Kudos
confused10
Level 7

Hi thank you for that reply, i tried it several times and it still kept crashing ?

I tried that link you posted it didnt work ?

thank you

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

So you mean have you already tried with the McAfee removal tool?

If not here is the link.... http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

0 Kudos
confused10
Level 7

Hi i tried it and its still doing it, I am really fed up with this now, would you have any more suggestions please ?

I also would like to ask if anyone knows if i would get a refund I have a few months left of my subscription and what is the point of having it when im not getting protected ?!!

Please can anyone help about this ?

thank you

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Really sorry for the inconvenience, could you please let us know what happens exactly after the installation of McAfee so that we can assist you in a better way...

0 Kudos
confused10
Level 7

hi well i didnt know anything was wrong until the shield had changed and it kept crashing my computer ,it comes on and then it sticks and then i have to shut it down and do a system restore . the new shied is still there and it wont let me open the mcafee security centre ???

thank you

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Alright, I will send you a private message to get your contact info, will try to organize a callback, hopefully we will be able to fix it...

on 13/8/10 6:20:29 PM IST
0 Kudos
confused10
Level 7

Hi sorry i havent got back, i have been really busy

I tried to open the security scan plus and it comes up with a box and says sorry it cant update as security scan plus is unavailable at the moment ?

Please help ?

thank you

0 Kudos
hopalong1975
Level 7

My computer keeps on freezing and will not do anything if my internet is hooked up. This all started after an update from McAfee. When I don't have the internet connected my computer works. I need help!!!!!

0 Kudos