cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwal08
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

* Help. Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Recently added Parallels and Windows 7 to my Mac.  Running the virtual machine with no issues until I tried to install Mcafee.  Error: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

It looks like it's trying to save to the C: drive but there is 76gb available on the partition.  I'm at a loss as a new user.  Any advice or ideas?

Thanks

Message was edited by: dwal08 on 8/31/10 7:25:06 PM CDT
7 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 8

Re: * Help. Not enough storage is available to process this command.

VM's allocate rather limited resources or at least mine does in my Win 7/XP VM.  I was forced to use a very light kind of protection for that - MSE for example (Microsoft Security Essentials). So how much of that available HDD is actually showing in the VM's properties? Also I believe but this could be referring to lack of memory...how much RAM is installed and how much is showing up in the VM's properties?  Sorry I'm not familar with MAC's and how VM's work on them at all.

Meanwhile let me flag this for my colleagues.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/09/10 12:26:59 EDT PM

Resurrecting this post because I'm having the same issue and I haven't found much else about it.

I'm  unable to McAfee on a Windoes 7 Enterprise VirtualBox VM and I  get the same error message. I'm running VirtualBox on a Windows XP host and the VM has

1.5gb of RAM

a 40 GB hard drive with pretty much nothing on it.

Has anybody else encountered this? My main question is whether it's because the hard drive is dynamically sizing itself or not. Also one other thing of note: the installer I have for McAfee looks like it's an x86 version, and the VM is running Windows 7 64-bit. I know Win7 can run 32-bit applications, but I'm wondering if anybody's encountered issues with that?

Thanks for any input.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 8

I haven't seen that but I'm running 2 XP VM's one on a Win 7 host and the other on a Vista host.   Have now got McAfee (beta) installed in both with no issues but these are M/soft VM's not VirtualBox.

I see that VirtualBox has support, including forums, which may be of help:  http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Community

Alternatively you could try our Technical Support Chat under Useful Links above.

Thanks for the reply Ex_Brit, haven't found anything on the VirtualBox forums thus far but I might just post a new thread about it.

Just in case anybody else is researching the same thing, I just tried making a new VM with a fixed-size hd and it didn't solve the issue, so much for my theory.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 8

I just Googled 'VM not enough storage' and came up with this Microsoft article which refers to Windows NT - that covers all Windows versions XP and up.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/106167

I also checked my own registry and that section exists although I don't have that particular key, but then I don't have that particular error either.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/12/10 11:54:51 CST AM

Thanks again. Gave that a whirl and it didn't seem to work.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 8

That's too bad.   Hopefully the VirtualBox Forums might be of help.