cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alicia_eagle
Level 7

Help... I cannot reinstall McAfee Internet Security for Mac!

Jump to solution

I had McAfee Internet Security for Mac installed already.  It was the 1 license version. It expired in October.  I decide to purchase McAfee All Access.  I downloaded McAfee Internet Security for Mac version 1.0 from the McAfee All Access product offering.  I tried to install it and was greeted with this message:

"McAfee Internet Security can’t be installed on this computer.  There is other Application Protection software running that is not compatible with McAfee Internet Security. Please remove any other Application Protection programs previously installed."

So I uninstalled the expired McAfee Internet Security for Mac.  I again tried to install McAfee Internet Security for Mac.  I again received the same error message.

I contacted McAfee support and they were unable to help.  They told me to contact Apple and ask them to turn off their security software.  WTF...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alicia_eagle
Level 7

Re: Help... I cannot reinstall McAfee Internet Security for Mac!

Jump to solution

Nevermind...  I forgot to uninstall Little Snitch again.  I reinstalled it after I installed McAfee the first time.  It can be installed at the same time but not running concurrently.  But McAfee will not install with it installed first!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
alicia_eagle
Level 7

Jump to solution

Nevermind...  I forgot to uninstall Little Snitch again.  I reinstalled it after I installed McAfee the first time.  It can be installed at the same time but not running concurrently.  But McAfee will not install with it installed first!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

That was easy for me answered before I came. Thanks for doing your own research. Locking this thread.

0 Kudos