cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerloch
Level 7

Has the McAfee website stopped working?

Jump to solution

Having suffered the effects of the recent software update bug I am now trying to clean up several PCs by uninstalling and reinstalling the McAfee security software.  However I cannot download MCPR from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe and even www.mcafee.com is unreachable.  It appears that there might be a major problem.  Are others having the same difficulties?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sallytoff
Level 9

Re: Has the McAfee website stopped working?

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter and Hayton. Removed what you said. Also got rid of Avast (downloaded that yesterday with all the trouble, as had no protection).

Then installed it again, and so far so good. Its back to normal with 'your computer is secure - no action required' - Happy Days at last

0 Kudos
68 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Both are working fine for me.  Either it's a temporary web glitch or it could possibly be malware.

Run Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, both linked in the last link in my signature below.

0 Kudos
kerloch
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter.

I have tried three different PC's and an iphone and all fail to connect the McAfee website which I think will rule out malware.  I am in the UK.  Perhaps it is a regional web problem.

NC

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

How weird.   Here's a zipped copy of MCPR I just freshly downloaded.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Also - check with your ISP, maybe they are having an issue?

0 Kudos
i9a1n1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having just paid for Mcafee I am unable to download and contact in UK

Message was edited by: i9a1n1 on 8/25/12 10:32:07 AM CDT
0 Kudos
sdunn2012
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have just renewed my subscription same problem server not found for the download, I'm really not happy about this

0 Kudos
sallytoff
Level 9

Jump to solution

ive just uninstalled my virus protection, with the problem thats going on. So came on here to download it again from my account. To find the download page not working! Great!. So now  I have no protection, as the download page down. I am also in the UK. Not happy

0 Kudos
volksdevil
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same as above poster! I have uninstalled after the recent BT issues, and I can not download Mcafee now! The download link just gives 'Page can not be displayed' !!!

0 Kudos
sallytoff
Level 9

Jump to solution

Gosh how frustrating and annoying is it. im glad others having the same issue. As I was worried, I had a virus or something, stopping me from accessing it. Please sort it out , hate paying for a service, that doesnt work

0 Kudos