Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Has anyone experienced issues with IE 11 for Windows 7 ?

I always keep my system "Fully" updated for Windows, to include my add-ons. However, due to the articles on Computerworld,and just today another issue reported on Infoworld, in regards to page rendering especially related to Adobe Flash Player. I elected to  Postphone/Hide my Internet Explorer 11 Download, and installed the latest Security Update for Internet Explorer 10 "Updated Version-10.0.11"-KB2888505

It seems like Microsoft is having a problem with implementing IE 11 for Windows 7 Service pack 1. Hence is the very reason I am hesitant to install. I utilized Firefox up until IE10 was introduced, and it has been Flawless in my opinion. I especially chose to use it since McAfee primarily uses it for functional purposes. Before I go through the Clean Uninstall of my Total Protection, in order to install IE11...I was wondering if anyone was having issues with it on Windows 7?

Another question, if I may ask. When I do upgrade to IE11,and go to " My Account" to download and re-install my Total Protection. Should I expect it to be the 12.8.856 Version still ? Is the 13.0-13.1 still in beta?  I know everyone is busy, any answers would sincerely be appreciated.I realise that I have the choice to go back to Firefox,or Chrome. However, I have had no issues what-so-ever with IE10,and would like to remain using Internet Explorer.Of course I also know, irregardless I eventually have to install it, for McAfee to function properly.

As always, Thank you in advance

GodSpeed,

Catdaddy

I hope this link to the article is inserted properly....

http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/ie11-leaves-flash-media-hanging-youtube-more-major-site...

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Has anyone experienced issues with IE 11 for Windows 7 ?

There are some reports similar to that link you posted regarding Flash and some regarding blurry fonts, but personally I haven't seen any issues.   Mind you I normally use Firefox.

If I recall correctly I didn't bother uninstalling my McAfee software first. IE11 installed OK.   I think all I did was disable real-time protection until it was installed but there shouldn't really be a need for that either.

You could post here for some advice perhaps:  http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/   I see no reason not to wait until it appears inj Windows Update, by then the kinks should have been ironed out.

I installed it more out of curiosity than anything else.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Ex Brit   Downloaded and installed, I might even add that I didn,t bother to disable RTS either. I surfed a bit until family arrived from out of town. I didn,t experience any issues with Adobe Flash Player either.

As I always say...."All is "Good in the neighborhood"

I marked your reply as a "Helpful Answer" As it indeed was.....

GodSpeed,

CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted

Glad it worked OK.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community