Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: HELP: Security Suite fakealert

Hi.  I too have been infected by this fake security suite.  My Mcafee is disabled as is restore, etc.  I have tried malwarebytes and tdsskill , they do not get rid of the virus.  the only thing that helps is rkill.com.  it does not get rid of the virus but stops it from running.

We need HELP!

Jay

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 14

Stinger did nor detect anything, the level was set to very high

Highlighted

Hey there...I downloaded and purchased Spy Doctor from http://www.removal-tool.org/Remove-Security-Suite.html.  I hated to pay the $29.95 but considering it worked, it was totally worth it.  The license is valid for 3 PC's so I installed and have it running on all my computers.  It's catching things that McAfee has not.  To get to this site, you may have to start hitting F8 as your computer is booting to access the Windows Advanced Options Menu.  If you see Starting Windows, you need to reboot and try again.  Once you get into the Windows Advanced Options Menu, select the Safe Mode with Networking option.  Once you've booted in Safe Mode, you should be able to access the site for download and instructions.

The other suggestions in this thread obviously aren't working but I can say this solution worked for me.  I do hope McAfee plans an update to assist users with this.

Good luck.

Highlighted

also had this hoax malware fake security alert, it blew right past my mcafee "security suite" and firewall. went online with another computer for mcafee tech help, but got the email  about contact for 89 per incidentat issue could not go online as proxy server had been set up by malware and couldn't access tools in explorer to reset. programs would just say couldn't open/infected.  but finally figured out how to download stinger  "stick" to use on infected machine. Had to reboot in safe mode to run stinger, it didn't find the malware (either version). Also downloaded freeware "remove fake Antivirus" and tried in "safe mode" same result. Finally, after researching internet8 hours of work, found "rkill". It was difficult to deploy and used the "explorer.exe" version, again downloaded from other computer. After 3 tries (I was now running standard mode as figured virus was not going to be found unless running in standard mode), with windows saying INFECTED, INFECTED, INFECTED, it ran and completed its routine and presto security popups were gone. Problem was "rkill" said it would not fix problem, only stop malware processes from running But it did give me a log of the processes and locatins it had stopped, and now cmd was abe to run. So I went to command prompt, deleted the referenced file, the searched the 32 bit registry for the fille reference, deleted that registry key, and now I am a happy computer. I have ran all the above antivirus programs and done Mcafee full scan, and they all say machine is clean, and obviously I can access internet as I am typing from previously infected machine.

Location of file on the machine: C;\users\ "user name"\AppData\local\ojvwhsecr\oaashrkshdw.exe (malware filename). Evidently, this malware can hide when it is active on computer, as no virus program could locate itlse they did not regocnize as virus. Hpe this helps those who were as frustrated as I, PS : "rkill" is freeware at www.bleepingcomputer.com  McAfee ought to block/remove this malware. Get on it before I get hit again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community