cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pround
Level 7

HELP PLS!! MCAFEE NO LONGER WORKS WITH WINDOWS ME

Hi,

Thanks for reading my post. My mcafee will no longer update and everything I try tells me to upgrade my OS. My pc is no capable of being upgraded

and I am really worried there could be a virus on here as everyone is my e-maill address book got spammed earlier. I have been huntingaround for a AV that works with Windows ME and can't fin anything. Any advice would be appreciated (other than to upgrade which isn't an otion at the mo!)

Thanks

Paula

0 Kudos
2 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: HELP PLS!! MCAFEE NO LONGER WORKS WITH WINDOWS ME

Paula,

McAfee is not compatible with Windows ME and I am not sure if there is any commercial antivirus programs out there that is either. I wish I had better news to share with you. Maybe someone who reads your post can recommend something that will get you by till you are able to get something newer as far as an operating system is concerned.

Tom

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: HELP PLS!! MCAFEE NO LONGER WORKS WITH WINDOWS ME

Paula, McAfee hasn't been compatible with Windows ME or 98 for several years now as those operating systems are obsolete and no longer supported by Microsoft.

Some other software may still be compatible but one would have do some research on that, sorry for the bad news.

0 Kudos