cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font size based on IE

Jump to solution

I do like the new UI of Total Protection. However, because I chose to ignore web page fonts, the text often does not appear well. This is particularly true in the Network Map.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 7

Re: Font size based on IE

Jump to solution

Perhaps making a suggestion that the UI be based on something other than a browser might be a good idea?

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/ideas

6 Replies

Jump to solution

The choice to ignore web page fonts is done in Microsoft Internet Explorer. I do not yet see a way to control this in McAfee Total Protection.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

You wont.  The user interface is, in fact, an Internet Explorer page, albeit heavily disguised, so it relies on IE being up to date and at default settings.

If you have a flat panel monitor make sure that ClearType is being used - if you can't find it just type that name in Windows Help and Support.

Jump to solution

Yes, it is obvious that the UI is an IE displayed page. That's ok, but it puts Microsoft, IE, and the user's IE settings in control of how the McAfee product appears. If it is unusable, the user has little clue that their IE settings are the source of the problem.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Perhaps making a suggestion that the UI be based on something other than a browser might be a good idea?

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/ideas

Jump to solution

Peter, thank you for the link to the communities suggestion box. I looked many places, but could not find any corporate "contact me" or email address available for sending a message that was not tied to a paid support incident.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

There's also a 'Contact Us' at the bottom of this and any other forum page which may or may not help.