cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall and opening security centre issues

Hey peeps,
I can't open up security centre from the icon and I'm getting the "Your computer is at risk" message but can't do anything to switch the firewall back on as I can't access security centre. Also when I open Mcafee central App, its saying that the firewall needs to be turned on but I can't click on anything and fix it.. Any help would be much appreciated, especially if it was one-on-one and step by step as I'm not the most tech-savy person. Pix attached. Cheers in advance!!

5 Replies

Re: Firewall and opening security centre issues

1 is this happening all the time ie there is/was an issue with windows action center not detecting McAfee AV and spyware/firewall for first 5 minutes after boot but then it does. Is this the issue?

2. Have you another firewall or antivirus installed or 1 installed before Mcafee that was not removed with its own removal tool?

3. Try running MVT to see if if can detect an issue and fix it

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

4. Uninstall and reinstall McCAfee and see if that helps usually does..

Reinstall McAfee

5 Call support and give them the session number you got from the MVT run. In fact you can do this before you uninstall as support probably will uninstall it as a first fix once they read what you already have tried.

Call Support

Good luck

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

That doesn't look like the usual Consumer software.....what McAfee product is this so I can move this thread to the appropriate section for help?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 6

Moved provisionally to Consumer > General as a better spot for the time being.

---
Peter

Message 5 of 6

@Ex_Brit it's the Mcafee Central App (Windows 10)

@permakid89 It's best you Call Support if you are not able to open Security Centre.

Cheers

Sanjay

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 6

Thanks.