cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anbu
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Facing problem to activate the Mcafee Product.

Hi

I've Purchased Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop along with Mcafee Anti virus product(for license upto15 months) was pre installed in my laptop. I have two questions.

1. I tried to activate my product but i unable finish it and also shows the following error.i attached the error .JPEG file. so i uninstalled the anti virus. again i installed by given CD. Shall i get the same expiration date?

2.How to acivate my anti virus? my OS is Windows 7 home

Regards,

Anbu

7 Replies

Re: Facing problem to activate the Mcafee Product.

Hi Anbu,

Please download and run McAfee Virtual Technician by clicking on this link http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/index.asp.

You will find Session ID # @ the end of the scan, please do not forget to reply with session ID # in your next post.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

Message was edited by: rakesh.p on 1/11/10 3:22:44 AM GMT-06:00
anbu
Level 7
Message 3 of 8

Hi Rakesh,

This is my Mcafee Virtual technician session ID:23338818,

I am waiting for your response.

Regards,

Anbu

Hi Anbu,

I did use the session ID # which you posted & found that McAfee software is functioning fine. However regarding registration/activation of your McAfee subscription make sure you make Internet explorer as a default browser, i think you are using Mozilla firefox as default browser on your computer. In order to make IE as default browser navigate to Internet explorer - tools - internet options - programs & then click on Make default. After you make IE as default browser please try to register/activate your McAfee subscription & see what happens. Good luck

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

anbu
Level 7
Message 5 of 8

Hi Rakesh,

I tried but unable to solve the problem again i'm getting the same error.

Regards,

Anbu

Dinz
Level 16
Message 6 of 8

Hi anbu,

May I know what is the version of you internet explorer?

Did you have any other mcafee products registered with this email address  ??

Regards,

Dinesh K

anbu
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

Hi Dinesh,

I am using Internet Explore 8 version. No

Regards,

Anbu

Dinz
Level 16
Message 8 of 8

Anbu,

Contact mcafee chat technicians through this link : http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=CHAT . They will be able to get it fixed after they diagnose the cause of the error.

Thanks,

Dinesh K

Want to Ask a Question?
Many members like to perform a search first in case other customers have already asked and answered a similar question. However, to ask a question, first select a forum then click on Post a Topic. You must sign in or log in with your existing credentials.

McAfee Service Portal customers please use your existing username and password to log into the community.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community