cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debout
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Extra software programs like SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes, do i still need them?

Hi,

I am using McAfee Livesafe on my computers, and i am a satisfied customer,....no problems.

But i want to do a fresh install on my Dell machine.....it has become a little bit "dirty" and i want a new start.

Last year i installed Superantispyware and Malwarebyte, just to be safe.....i thought.

Now i ask myself....is it really necessary? Or is it "overkill" ??

Can you give me an advice?

Do a fresh install and install these programs again? Together with my McAfee program?

3 Replies
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Extra software programs like SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes, do i still need them?

As long as your McAfee Software is Current /Active/Up to date. It is not necessary to have to re-install Malewarebytes (Free)/Super Anti-Spyware..should you choose to remove to clean up disk space. They are a "Compliment" to your McAfee Software.

In addition, if your McAfee Software is functioning properly. You can still simply (Uninstall) programs you deem unnecesarry/taking up disk space, with out doing a clean Uninstall/Reinstall of McAfee. However, if you still wish to do a fresh install.

Just Make certain you remove from your Control Panel/Programs Features First/Restart. The run the Latest MCPR Tool/Restart

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MC.../Restart

Then of course go to your individual account and re-install.

All the best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
debout
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Re: Extra software programs like SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes, do i still need them?

Thank you for the information.

I uninstalled the two programs en i am going to use quickclean more often. McAfee is up to date, so lets see how things go!

Thanks!

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

You are quite welcome.   It is great to see one whom keeps the maintenance up on their machines, In some cases is "Rare". So can we consider this thread Correctly answered? As you surf the web and such, you may find these articles most informative:

I might add, You may wish to periodically run these (2) Superb Programs.

McAfee Stinger (Read how to use) and delete afterwards.For it is updated daily.

McAfee Getsusp Tool (Please remember to add your Email Address before scanning)

You can obtain these Superb Tools and more here

All the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community