cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explosion sound on my computor???

I am new at this so I hope someone can help me. Since downloading McAfee I occasionally get

an explosion sound. Can anyone tell me what this is? I'm a little concerned.

5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Explosion sound on my computor???

Are you sure it isn't a "gong" sound?  That would be an update completing.

Definately not.... more like a loud sizzling sound. It's been doing all day and just did it again.

It won't stop doing it and I'm afraid my computer is crashing. Guess I'll have to call someone. Isn't there anyway to get a hold of the company?

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Well it could spell disaster for the machine.  If you have a local PC repair shop I would have it checked.  It could be something simple but sounds to me more like a hard drive about to burn out.

Installing McAfee may have just been the last straw that pushed it over the edge, so to speak.   It has happened to me in the past.  If a fan has burned out it could be something overheating.

Back up your important documents, emails etc. and have it checked.   I doubt very much if McAfee is the direct cause of this, just the catalyst.   You could try Technical Support Chat which is available free via the McAfee Support link abvove or here http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=4105&sg=TS , but I think they'll tell you the same thing.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/01/10 8:13:34 EST AM

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/01/10 8:15:16 EST AM

Do you by any chance have the Weather Channel loaded on your computer showing you the temp in the lower right hand corner? A friend was also getting the periodic explosions on their PC. We also thought it was McAfee. Turns out it was the weather alert notifications. Turn that off on the weather channel and see what happens.

Message was edited by: JerseyDevil on 9/3/10 7:13:01 PM CDT