Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfow
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Every few days get a "product expired" message

Since Dec. 28 I have had to reinstall McAfee 8 times because I continue to get the message that the subscription has expired. I get McAfee from AT&T and there shouldn't be a problem. I have been on the phone, or online chat, with both AT&T and McAfee seven times but the problem still persists. I do not have Norton or any of the other half dozen programs they continue to ask about. On Jan. 6 McAfee support took over my computer and ran mcpr.exe and installed a patch but here I am today, Jan. 14, with the same "subscription has expired", "your computer is not protected" message. Any ideas why this is happening?

3 Replies
Dinz
Level 16
Message 2 of 4

Re: Every few days get a "product expired" message

Hi,

May I know how old is the computer ?

Did we make any recent changes for the computer ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

mfow
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

I see in discussions that others are having the same problem. This computer is about 4 years old and I have not had any problems until McAfee took over the computer and ran mcrp and the patch. Now Outlook no longer works and the computer takes several more minutes to boot up.

Dinz
Level 16
Message 4 of 4

In this case, could you please check whether the system clock is set right? because mcafee will show an expired message even if the system clock is set to a wrong time.

Regards,

Dinesh K