cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message Appears When Trying to Scan

I recently installed McAfee on my computer which uses windows 7 software. The McAfee client will open and appears to be fine, but when I try to run a scan or adjust my scheduled scan settings I get the following message:

Couldn't load script:misp://C:\ProgramFiles\McAfee\VirusScan\VSJsRes.dll:Smiley FrustratedtringConstants.js

Any assistance that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Error Message Appears When Trying to Scan

Looks like Java Script is not functioning correctly on your computer, please try the following:

1.    Click on Start> Run> Type regsvr32 jscript.dll> Click OK

2.    Additionally check for Windows Update, make sure you install all the available priority updates

Reboot the computer and check the status.

0 Kudos

I tried everything you said Aldrin and I am still getting the same exact message. Are there any other steps that I could try?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

If the file is damaged or corrupted you could always try running MVT to see if that detects the problem. It might not, so if it doesn't try replacing the file with a good copy and see if that helps matters at all. Aldrin can tell you how to get a replacement, and where from. If all else fails I suppose someone could just email you the dll as an attachment file.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 02/02/11 21:04:22 GMT
0 Kudos

I certainly wouldn't mind trying a replacement if Aldrin can assist me in this matter.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Hey not sure how far it works, anyhow I have enclosed the file here. Reboot the computer in Safe Mode and try to replace this place under C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\....

Let me know if it works, all the best …

0 Kudos

Sorry Aldrin, I'm still getting the same exact message. Could an uninstall and a reinstall possibly help or some other method?

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Yes, you can try that click on the Useful Links on top of this page, run the McAfee Removal Tool (MCPR) reboot the computer, click the same Useful Links> Downloads and install back the McAfee programs from your online account.

Hope it works

0 Kudos

The uninstall and reinstall worked Aldrin. Problem solved.

Thanks for your dedicated assistance.

0 Kudos
Aldrin
Level 12

Glad to know you got them fixed. All the best

0 Kudos