cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message (0xc000009a)

Hi

Please can you help me, am getting this error (0xc000009a error)  when am trying to download McAfee in windows 10. I tried MVT and MCPR but I still have the same error.

7 Replies

Re: Error Message (0xc000009a)

Windows 10? This not a full release so Mcafee does not support beta operating systems as far as I understand.

Correct - we have no support for W10 at this time. MVT and MCPR only help if you have product installed. If the error is in the download they are not useful.

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

As the other thread was so old and had been solved, I moved this to your own thread.  

Windo0ws 10 is not supported as stated.   It no doubt will be by the time it goes RTM

Peter

So should I wait until MCAFEE support windows 10 or forget about it?

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 8

We can't help you with software running in Windows 10 - it's only in it's early stages.  I would simply rely on the built-in Window Defender for now, it contains anti-virus, and Windows Firewall for your protection.

I wouldn't be running it as a a main system either (if you are).   Best run it in a Virtual Machine within a supported system then all bases are covered again.  It installs OK on Oracle's Virtual Box for instance.

Hayton
Level 18
Message 7 of 8

fwiw the 0xC9a message indicates a problem with the Pc's file system, at least according to Microsoft.

0xc9a error debugging.PNG

exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 8

They may be able to help you with Windows 10 issues here:  Windows 10 Forums