cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
x-showard
Level 7

Enterprise product on my system and cannot load Total Protection 2011

I have an enterprise product on my system and do not know the exact version.  I need to remove this to install my consumer product.  What are my options?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Enterprise product on my system and cannot load Total Protection 2011

Hi Showard,

Do you have the McAfee enterprise programs listed under Add/Remove programs, if so please let us know if you encountered any problems uninstalling them via Add/remove programs .

Also try deleting the subfolder of the same from :

C:\Documents &Settings\All users\Application data

C:\Program Files

C:\Program Files\Common Files

Please let us know the following information ;

What is the operating system of the machine.

How is the computer conencted to internet ?

Are you trying to install McAfee consumer version through a cd or from your account online

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
x-showard
Level 7

I have no McAfee software under the Add/Remove programs.  I am running Vista home user 32 bit. I connect using fios. I am downloading the software directly from the web.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Is it that McAfee enterprise version is detected while you are installing the consumer version . Please brief us on the issue so that we could help you in getting this fixed. Also , provide us with a screen shot if there is any error while you download the consumer version ??

0 Kudos
x-showard
Level 7

Yes, it is detecting the software and technical support explained to me that there is some sort of an enterprise product on my system.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Can you try to recall the name and version number of the Enterprise product?   It would help with manual removal instructions.  I'm afraid there are no quick removal tools for any of the Enterprise products.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/12/10 2:23:42 EST PM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

The reason I'm asking is that manual removal is going to be a long and tedious process.

The following link has 3 different removal instructions for VirusScan Enterprise and that is but one of many Enterprise products:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/21028#21028

0 Kudos