Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qbn4304
Level 7

DropinSaving$

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I have McAfee Total Protection (yes, "Total") installed on my Windows XP Service Pack 3 and it failed to detect this anoying malware "DropinSaving$".

Does anybody know how to get rid of this pop-up ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qbn4304
Level 7

Re: DropinSaving$

Jump to solution

After all attempts failed, I uninstalled and reinstalled IE8 on my XP3......DropinSavings$ is now gone for good.

Thank you All.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

What browser are you using?   The only details about this I can find is that it may have installed as an add-on.  If it is listed in your browser add-ons simply remove it.  It doesn't appear to be malware hence not being detected by McAfee, but looks to be more nuisance-ware than anything else.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/12/11 1:01:20 EST PM
0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

Jump to solution

This link from mcAfee will assist you in resolving your issue. Please be sure to run the Stinger scan which is mentioned and let us know if this resolves the problem.

When you have finished and if the issue is still there, try this free program and let it clean everything it finds and rebbot the computer. http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

0 Kudos
qbn4304
Level 7

Jump to solution

After all attempts failed, I uninstalled and reinstalled IE8 on my XP3......DropinSavings$ is now gone for good.

Thank you All.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now.

0 Kudos