cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeygotera
Level 7

Downloading glitch?

Jump to solution

So, I've recently perchased Mcafee Total Protection 2010 onto my Dell Inspirion Mini.  I downloaded it online, but when the download begins to run, the installer box goes blank.

untitled.JPG

At first, I thought this was normal so I left it alone for a few minutes, but it's still hasn't changed.  I installed it onto my Dell Desktop and it installed perfectly with no glitches whatsoever.

Does anyone have a solution to my problem?  If you have any questions that need to be answered before you can answer mine, then don't hesistate to ask.

EDIT: I just turned on the sounds to the laptop, and it seems to be making a clicking sound (the computer makes when you double click something).  The sound is very rapid and when the cursor is over the installer, it reappears and disappears as fast as it's clicking.

Thanks,

Michael

Message was edited by: mikeygotera on 4/14/10 9:55:20 PM CDT
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rakesh.p
Level 10

Re: Downloading glitch?

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

May i know the browser which you used to download McAfee software, is it Internet explorer (IE) or any other browser's...?

If you have used Firefox or any other browser's then i would suggest you to use IE to download McAfee software & see if it makes any difference.

>Note : Make sure you make IE as default browser before using IE to download McAfee. IE - Tools - Internet options - Programs - Make default.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rakesh.p
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

May i know the browser which you used to download McAfee software, is it Internet explorer (IE) or any other browser's...?

If you have used Firefox or any other browser's then i would suggest you to use IE to download McAfee software & see if it makes any difference.

>Note : Make sure you make IE as default browser before using IE to download McAfee. IE - Tools - Internet options - Programs - Make default.

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

If not a browser issue is it anything like what other Inspiron mini users are getting here

If not that try an uninstall via MCPR tool reboot run the preinstall tool and try again to install

0 Kudos
mikeygotera
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Rakesh P!  It was just a problem with my browser.  McAfee Total Protection downloaded just fine on IE and is working perfectly!

Thanks again,

Michael

0 Kudos