cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to connect to internet while installing McAfee? Already installed McAfeeSetup-AutoLogIn

Do I need to connect to internet while installing McAfee? Already installed McAfeeSetup-AutoLogIn

2 Replies
k3tg
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Do I need to connect to internet while installing McAfee? Already installed McAfeeSetup-AutoLogIn

When your software installs you need the internet to register your online account and to provide you with the subscription information expiration date, how many licenses the subscription entitles you to, etc.

This is all done to ensure the installation is complete and that you are protected since you now have an active subscription on file with McAfee.

I hope this answers your question

Tom K3TG

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Do I need to connect to internet while installing McAfee? Already installed McAfeeSetup-AutoLogIn

Moved this to General Discussion as a better spot for it.

In all instances, the software actually has to download via the Internet, no matter what method you are using to install and if you read the main product pages the System Requirements always state that an Internet connection is needed.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community