cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed in McAfee Internet Security

I'm disappointed in McAfee Internet Security. I had a three computer license. The scans always lock up and now one of my computers is completely locked up by something called Security Suite. Yes, it's mentioned here and there's a post to download a removal tool. Just what I want, to download some unknown piece of software. And Mcafee's advice is don't do that. Why can't my McAfee product do anything about it. What's the point of having this software???

I have Avast on my 64 bit machine and never have any trouble. The machines with McAfee always have trouble and we have had to hire an actual person to come to clear my husband's machine.

McAfee Internet Security is a terrible, useless product. Shame on you asking for $50 or $90 dollars more for virus removal support..

3 Replies
k3tg
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disappointed in McAfee Internet Security

Hello Katherine001,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. McAfee has published a document which will assist you with your virus malware issue. Please try to scan your computer with the McAfee Stinger which is mentioned in the link if you are able to get it to scan. If you still cannot resolve anything after following the recommendations in the link, you could try running the free version of this program http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php probably best if you can download this onto a usb stick from a non infected pc and rename the download and installation files to something you can easily remember as virus and malware are written to self protect itself. When you rename the files you should be able to install them as they are no longer viewed as a threat. Check for the latest updates and then run the program and let it clean everything it finds and reboot the computer if prompted to do so. Do the same for this program also and it is free too. www.superantispyware.com

Good Luck

Thanks for your help.  The McAfee Stinger program wouldn't run on my infected machine, but the Malwarebytes program did solve my problem.

Thanks again.

Katherine001

k3tg
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

You are most certainly welcome. I am glad you are running ok now and I will mark this thread as being answered.