cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between LiveSafe and AllAccess

Hello,

what are the differences between these products?!

And how is the doing, if you would like to change from AllAccess to LiveSafe... Is there a new installation required?!

Thx a lot

9 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: Differences between LiveSafe and AllAccess

All Access has been replaced by Total Protection as the larger cross-device software package.

LiveSafe is the other one, and looking at the product pages it isn't clear what the differences are.

I'm going to bring that up on our Conference Call with McAfee later today.

There really need to be a better comparison page.

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 3 of 10

In regards to performing a Uninstall/Reinstall it is advisable to first remove from your (Control Panel) Programs/Features/Restart. Then utilize the Latest (MCPR) to remove any possible remnants. So (Yes) if you were to decide to change Suites, or simply do a Clean Reinstall follow the above instructions.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 10

Oops, overlooked that question, sorry ;-)

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 10

I've gone through the two product pages and come up with one small difference in the first item on the list:

LiveSafe:  Use the cloud to store and access photos and important documents (Cloud Storage) - See more at: https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/store/m0/catalog/mls_430/mcafee-livesafe-trial.html#sthash.jV4...

Total Protection:  Protect your most private files with encryption software  (File Lock) - See more at: https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/store/m0/catalog.html#sthash.uK5Bpmh9.dpuf

So the difference here is storage in the Cloud for LiveSafe and onboard your machine for Total Protection.   Personally I prefer the latter.

Support will be glad to help you, it's free by phone.

exbrit
Level 21
Message 6 of 10

On the call now and the general consensus is that the product pages are currently a little confusing, but products are changing, so basically the difference seems to be the type of remote storage, Cloud vs. local drive.

Okay... So I think I will choose McAfee AllAcess agin

Because of its cheaper price

exbrit
Level 21
Message 8 of 10

OK, good luck ;-)

Thx

-> 10 € for it is more than good

exbrit
Level 21
Message 10 of 10

It certainly is, cheaper than here and it's usually the other way around...oh well.   ;-)