Re: Desk top icon reappears

1.  Yes.

2.  Yes...or so we are told.

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 51

It is 9:30pm central US time on the 22 and its still not fixed that is 5 full days from the release. What is the problem and why? I have you on 5 computers but think i might ditch you and go with some one else. I need a answer that fixes this

Highlighted

See post #6 for why and a way around it.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 14 of 51

so your saying i need to unistall and reinstall Mcafee

Highlighted

Just run the installer from the download page and it should overwrite your current installation with the new version and cure the problem.  

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 16 of 51

do i need to clear my vault so it does not get wipped out or will it be ok

Highlighted

It shouldn't effect them but if you have to retrieve vaults, Technical Support can help with that after this has been taken care of.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 18 of 51

tech support wants to take over my computer which is unexceptable to me. will this ever be fixed on its own and when.

Highlighted

They are only interested in the McAfee software and only collect logs anyway.   Why are you contacting them - have you lost your Anti-Theft vaults?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/01/12 2:50:12 EST PM
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 20 of 51

I have not lost my vaults because i did not reinstall. its a lot off hassle to take every thing out of them to make sure i dont lose the things in there. I really dont want to reinstall if i can help it because of the work to take every thing out to protect it from being lost. I have contated tech support in the past on other issues and they always want  to take control of my computer that is there standard way of doing things which i dont like and wont do, So when will this be fixed if ever by regular updates please

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community