Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rav_nan
Level 7

Computer at risk -- updates available

Jump to solution

Hi All,

recently i purchased a Mcafee Antivirus Plus copy and installed it on Windows 7 home premium. But it always shows me the message as "Your computer is at Risk" when i click on the check updates button the updates are already installed in it. What is wrong with the software, why does it pop up the red coloured message. My updates are up-to-date. While doing a update it disappears for a while but shows up again when it doesnt find any update remaining in it. Please can anybody help me out on this.

Thanks,

Ravindranath

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthiks
Level 12

Re: Computer at risk -- updates available

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please do not  reinstall the McAfee again from CD, If you do once again activation is required, please reinstall the McAfee from Online since your Mcafee is already activated.

Please follow the steps given in the below link to reinstall the McAfee Online

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100342

0 Kudos
14 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

First check that your system clock is accurate both time and timezone-wise.

Secondly make sure that Windows itself is totally up to date, that includes any parts of it you may not use.  For instance if you use another browser than IE, still make sure that IE is up to date along with all its add-ons.  For Windows 7 that means you should have IE9 installed, not the default IE8.   Many processes use IE whether you are aware of it or not, including McAfee.

Next run the Virtual Technician and see if it finds and fixes problems for you:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Then please check for McAfee Updates again and then open SecurityCenter and click 'About' and post the version numbers for each module here.

Also a screenshot of the above issue would be nice.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/10/12 8:30:44 EDT AM
0 Kudos
rav_nan
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried all the things as mentioned above, but unfortunately, it did not work. Still showing the same message computer at risk. My add-ons for IE 9 were disabled, so i enabled it. then checked the system clock, its running fine. Mcafee product is getting on to my nerves now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
karthiks
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

When did you installed the McAfee on the Computer ?

0 Kudos
rav_nan
Level 7

Jump to solution

I Installed it two weeks back. Does any one have the answer to rectify the error?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
rav_nan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi here are thee screen shots of my Mcafee product.

1) Screenshot of "Your computer is at risk"

2) Screenshot of virtual technician saying no problems were detected in the system.

Please help as i am not getting the updates daily.

McafeeAntivirusPlus.jpg

virtualTechnician.jpg

0 Kudos
karthiks
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please update the following details,

Operating System Service Pack :

Type of Internet Connection :

Is it a Laptop / Desktop machine :

Any Malware signs :

Screen shot of the About screen  (Top right corner of the McAfee screen ) :

Message was edited by: karthiks on 10/12/12 10:26:04 AM CDT
0 Kudos
rav_nan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Operating System Service Pack :

Type of Internet Connection :   Broadband Wireless router, Accessing it via wifi

Is it a Laptop / Desktop machine : Laptop

Any Malware signs : Dont know

Screen shot of the About screen  (Top right corner of the McAfee screen ) :

ConfigurationLaptop.jpg

aboutMcafee.jpg

Please let me know where is it going wrong?

0 Kudos
karthiks
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want you to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee once again, reason because the DAT creation date on the screen shot was on September 24th ,so normally if the DAT is more than 10 days old there may be problems updating McAfee Manually/automatically. So please follow the steps given in the below article to uninstall and reinstall McAfee once, also I want you to check whether you are able to update the McAfee in wired connections before performing the uninstall and reinstall

If you are able to update the McAfee in wired connection, please update me the same. Thanks,

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Please run this preinstall tool before reinstalling the McAfee : http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

0 Kudos
rav_nan
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am unable to update the Mcafee product using wired connection, I have uninstalled the product and installed it again, this time it gives me the following errors, Please advice how can i fix these errors, its not activating my product, i entered my license key still unable to activate it. In my account it shows activated. Below are the screenshots provided.

Activation can

Setup Information.jpg

Please help me out. I am reinstallin it on the same laptop where i removed it from.

0 Kudos