cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco AnyConnect cannot connect after installed McAfee Internet Security

this issue seemed happened few year ago and no solution till today. Anybody knows how to resolve?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/338708#338708

I have tried above suggestion but still failed to connect to VPN. I also requested for technical chat support online but they could not help me either.

Once I uninstall Mcafee Internet Security, I could connect to VPN through Cisco AnyConnect successfully.

8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cisco AnyConnect cannot connect after installed McAfee Internet Security

I've had no problems here but always have to reboot for it to take effect.

Your best approach is to do what the last post in that thread recommends....call Technical Support.

It's free and if at first they don't succeed you can escalate the issue.

Contact Support

I called twice and they said already escalated to higher level, both technical support officer could not solve the issue. Hope the 'higher' level really solve this as promise. It's embarrassed that this issue already there since few years ago without solution to latest version.

By default the Anyconnect Client will use TCP 443. But the Anyconnect Client may also use DTLS (which provides the same type of Authentication and encryption as SSL but uses UDP to do it).  Please Enable Secure Web Server (HTTPS) Port 443 - Local TCP/IP Ports 443 & Web Server (HTTP) Port 80 - Local TCP/IP Ports 80 in Ports and System Services under McAfee Firewall.

Add the UDP 443 in McAfee Firewall >> Ports and System Services as well. -- Screenshot FYI

cisco port nos.jpg

Along with the above settings, Check Navigation >> Traffic Monitor >> Active Programs to know the actual port used by VPN Agent Service and update the same in McAfee Firewall for best results. - Screen shot

traffic monitor.jpg

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi Siva,

I have tried the first part to enable port 443 and 80 but still failing.

I do not understand the 2nd part how to add the port 62522, can you elaborate? Thanks.

Message 6 of 9

To add the port 62522 please navigate to

Navigation>>Firewall>>Ports and System Services

Click on the "Add" button

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Is 62522  belong to TCP or UDP port?

3 rounds talking to Mcafee Technical Support and issue still stay unresolved!

Very disappointed with the service and decided to switch to other antivirus products.

Waste of money and time for the 3 years subscription!

Message 9 of 9

Re: Re: Cisco AnyConnect cannot connect after installed McAfee Internet Security

Hello

It should be TCP. Please provide the VPN url that Cisco Anyconnect uses- this is to add the url in Firewall exclusions and see if it makes a difference.