cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vak
Level 7

Cheat Engine 5.6.1 executable removed w/o permission

Just today (January 4) Cheat Engine 5.6.1 was removed on my computer and I cannot restore by reinstalling.  Only the executable (Cheat Engine.exe) is removed and is deleted only a few seconds after installing, without conformation from McAfee.

Is there any way to install it without disabling McAfee or have it make a conformation dialogue like every other faulsely-detected trojan horse?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: Cheat Engine 5.6.1 executable removed w/o permission

From which site did you install Cheat Engine?, because there are too many websites which has Cheat Engine and the one which you have downloaded may be really a Trojan. Try with some other download site and check the status.

Also specify your McAfee programs version including DAT and Engine details...

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Agree with Aldrin some sites might have tainted copies

Have a read here and yes you may have to email mcafee for a review

https://community.mcafee.com/message/167416#167416

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

OK to assist I emailed the file to Mcafee labs for checking. Submitted to virustotal 6 out of 43 scanners give a positive. Wait and see what Mcafee says

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 7/01/11 7:31:44 PM
0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Cannot find my email also the address I used was incorrect so will redownload it and see what happens.

Sorry about this

0 Kudos
Sh4d0wl3ss
Level 7

I have the same problem, I really like this program and it has its own website which is where I downloaded it from. The link is "http://cheatengine.org/downloads.php", the creator of the program claims that McAfee and other AV programs think it's a virus because of the functions the program has. My McAfee removes it immediately saying it has a trojan.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

I resent it to mcafee and asked for it to be rechecked manually. No reply yet

0 Kudos