cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ChaosCC Hacker Group

Jump to solution

Is anyone familiar with an email that is going around supposedly from this group claiming that they have seized my computer by infecting the OS (with a virus or malware?) and have been watching my activity online?  They claim that they will send all of my misdeeds to everyone in my contact list unless I send them a ransom in bitcodes to a specified account.  I don't believe a word of it but I am wondering if there really is some malware/virus associated with these people and, if so, how to remove it.  Thanks

Ross

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ChaosCC Hacker Group

Jump to solution

I got similar about 6 mths ago said they watch me er doing things while watching interesting movies . considering I have no webcam this immediately showed they were lying but I still scanned with McAfee, and malwarebytes as well as several scanners mentioned here

Antispyware tools

That said it scared me but I have been running McAfee continuously for 15 years on all my PCs and never got a virus though several were detected in downloads.. I would do some scans as mentioned and  relax.

My subject was "You have been naughty." no hacker group mentioned

See also

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/15708-chaoscc-hacker-group-email-scam

1 Reply
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: ChaosCC Hacker Group

Jump to solution

I got similar about 6 mths ago said they watch me er doing things while watching interesting movies . considering I have no webcam this immediately showed they were lying but I still scanned with McAfee, and malwarebytes as well as several scanners mentioned here

Antispyware tools

That said it scared me but I have been running McAfee continuously for 15 years on all my PCs and never got a virus though several were detected in downloads.. I would do some scans as mentioned and  relax.

My subject was "You have been naughty." no hacker group mentioned

See also

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/15708-chaoscc-hacker-group-email-scam

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community