cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scafun
Level 7

Cant download Mcafee

Will not complete software download/installation.  I have tried this multiple times, turned off computer multiple times.  It did UNINSTALL the Mcafee but now will not INSTALL so I have NO PROTECTION on this computer!  OS is Windows XP.  Help Please!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
k3tg
Level 14

Re: Cant download Mcafee

Did you run the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links? Run MCPR and reboot the computer and then run the McAfee preinstall toolhttp://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100119 which is explained in this link. Then login to your online McAfee account and try again to download and install your software.

Let us know if this works for you

0 Kudos
scafun
Level 7

I've done all that 2 times  - during the install i get a message that there is a problem with the install but when I click - I forget what it was - it continues the install.  When I open it, it cannot fix the problem, some componets are missing & recommends reinstall WHICH I HAVE DONE!  It will download updates for hours without ever giving me a message that it is updated - I've been downloading updates for a couple of hours!  If that is correct, then there needs to be a new starting point.  To me, that just bs...  I know, complain, complain but this is maddening.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi Scafun,

Along with the above suggestion , could you please provide me the following information;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
How is it connected to internet (dsl/cable/wireless)
Do we have any other security software installed in the machine ?

Please get back with the above details , we will get this one fixed for you.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos
scafun
Level 7

OS is Win XP, connect via wireless but this is the main computer so the modem is attached to this computer.  Other software has been disabled including the windows stuff that is in XP.

0 Kudos
scafun
Level 7

Also, on the Recent Events Screen "Real time virus protection was disabled" and when I click on "enable" it locks up and the only way out of it is Ctrl/Alt/Del.  I have no idea it this info helps.

0 Kudos
scafun
Level 7

Virtual Technicial provided the info in the attached files.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi Scafun,

This seems that it needs some indepth analysis to get this one fixed , please click on this link here and get in touch with our chat technicians , they will diagnose the issue and get itt installed onto the computer .

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderartor

0 Kudos
scafun
Level 7

Can you please let the Tier 2 tech know that I get "Invalid Code"  message & he needs to SEND A NEW CODE

0 Kudos
scafun
Level 7

NOT resend the original one...it will not work, no way, no how...

0 Kudos