cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmg82088
Level 7

Cannot update and real time scanning keeps turning off

i keep getting a message saying that McAfee cannot update that my internet my not be working but it is,and then my real time keeps turning off i have tried turning it on but it will just go to off again.

6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Cannot update and real time scanning keeps turning off

1 Was it working before or is this a new install

2. When you installed did you have another AV installed previously. If so did you uninstall it via its removal tool. Most AVs have a set tool to use.

0 Kudos
JaiPrakash
Level 12

Cannot update and real time scanning keeps turning off

Hi,

Try to run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) this is an automated self-healing tool that can diagnose and fix many problems related to your McAfee product.

You can download and run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) from mvt.mcafee.com

If the issue still persists you can run the oas-disabled-fix.cmd utility through the below link:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/oas-disabled-fix.cmd

0 Kudos
Sunrise59
Level 7

McAfee technicians took control of my computer and ran the oas-disabled-fix.cd utility and it did not work.  I have no other AV on my computer.  Runnning XP.  I had this problem last year once, and remember that it took a week to fix, but don't remeber what fixed it.  So frustrating!

0 Kudos
jtock133
Level 7

that fix did absolutely no good...any other ideas??

0 Kudos

I try to downlaod the fix and keep getting something that won't let me download.  A page comes up with script only.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

I think copy the script into notepad and save as realtime.cmd run it with admin privilages.

This only a guess.

The whole FAq is

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101225

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/10/11 8:45:39 AM
0 Kudos