Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dev1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Cannot download

I just purchased virus scan and tried to download it doesn't. As soon as I hit run it disappears.I tried uninstalling the previous version of mcafee and it says i need permission to do so.I have windows xp.

5 Replies

Re: Cannot download

Hello

plz download and install 'HiajckThis' ( Trend Micro ), run a scan and send me the log

as a PERSONAL MESSAGE

Sariel

Make sure you have local admin rights tyo your XP system before installing or uninstalling.

Highlighted
CsabaZ
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

I tried to install the McAfee Total Protection software trial version on my computer.

I see it is working the SecurityCenter for more than 5 hours (!!!!) behind an empty screen, but it is not doing any further things.

For how many hours or days must I wait for the complete installation of this software?

Thank you for your answer!

Moving thread to home user support where the team there will be best placed to help.

Sam

Dinz
Level 16
Message 6 of 6

Hi

Can you provide the following information so that we could proceed accordingly,

What is the type of internet connection (dsl/wireless) ?

What is the version of internet explorer ? (To find out, click help - click about internet explorer)

Do you have any other security software installed in the computer ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community