Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carbon
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Cannot Install MacAfee Antivirus plus 2012

HI,

Yesterday I bought MacAfee Antivirus plus 2012. When I tried to install it I got a message saying your windows is not compatible to install..something something..

My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bit service pack 2.  When I checked the compatibility of the software written on the MacAfee product box, it does not have windows xp 64 bit stated on it. So does it mean I cannot install it on my current OS? I have lot of heavy CAD softwares installed on my PC and I am not willing to install windows 7 or vista.

2 Replies

Re: Cannot Install MacAfee Antivirus plus 2012

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot Install MacAfee Antivirus plus 2012

XP x64 was never compatible with McAfee home products unfortunately.  You can obtain a refund under the 30-day money-back guarantee.

A Google search may find a substitute.

XP x64 being the first 64-bit OS, was really a proof-of-concept project for Microsoft where they tested 64-bit software/hardware for use in 64-bit Vista and later platforms.   Although available to the public it was never intended for wide public use and people generally avoided it because at the time there was hardly anything that would work on it and very few motherboards/CPU's were designed for it.  Back then it was an extrenely expensive choice so really only developers used it to test software/hardware.  Of course as we all know a few years later and x64 is becoming very popular for its added security.

Good luck.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/07/12 9:02:24 EDT AM