cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hebertpzh
Level 7

Can't connect to Cisco VPN

Jump to solution

I haven't been able to connect to my office computer thru Cisco VPN. Took laptop into work to have it checked out and was told it was McAfee that was blocking.  I disabled the firewall and still can't get thru.  Anyone else have this issue and have you found a solution?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Can't connect to Cisco VPN

Jump to solution

Is this on the enterprise of home user version?

Please post the version numbers

Does this apply?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/203558#203558

sorry not a cisco vpn user so guessing here. That post suggests installing in opposite order ie Mcafee last.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/09/12 7:07:43 PM
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Is this on the enterprise of home user version?

Please post the version numbers

Does this apply?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/203558#203558

sorry not a cisco vpn user so guessing here. That post suggests installing in opposite order ie Mcafee last.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/09/12 7:07:43 PM
0 Kudos
hebertpzh
Level 7

Jump to solution

This was on the home user version and the link you supplied worked!  Thank you very much.  It took a couple of tries after I realized I didn't have all of the McAfee "extras" uninstalled.  After I did that, I was able to re-install the VPN Client and launch it.  I just finished installing McAfee again and re-tested the VPN client and all is well. 

This is the second issue I've had related to McAfee software in the past 3 months.  The first issue was an update had caused my wireless connection to stop working.  So between the two issues, I've lost 2 days trouble shooting.  I'm hoping this is the last of issues! 

Thank you again for your help!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Jump to solution

Glad I fluked the answer. Good luck in the future.

0 Kudos