cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can't connect to Cisco VPN

Jump to solution

I haven't been able to connect to my office computer thru Cisco VPN. Took laptop into work to have it checked out and was told it was McAfee that was blocking.  I disabled the firewall and still can't get thru.  Anyone else have this issue and have you found a solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can't connect to Cisco VPN

Jump to solution

Is this on the enterprise of home user version?

Please post the version numbers

Does this apply?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/203558#203558

sorry not a cisco vpn user so guessing here. That post suggests installing in opposite order ie Mcafee last.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/09/12 7:07:43 PM

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Is this on the enterprise of home user version?

Please post the version numbers

Does this apply?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/203558#203558

sorry not a cisco vpn user so guessing here. That post suggests installing in opposite order ie Mcafee last.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/09/12 7:07:43 PM

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

This was on the home user version and the link you supplied worked!  Thank you very much.  It took a couple of tries after I realized I didn't have all of the McAfee "extras" uninstalled.  After I did that, I was able to re-install the VPN Client and launch it.  I just finished installing McAfee again and re-tested the VPN client and all is well. 

This is the second issue I've had related to McAfee software in the past 3 months.  The first issue was an update had caused my wireless connection to stop working.  So between the two issues, I've lost 2 days trouble shooting.  I'm hoping this is the last of issues! 

Thank you again for your help!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Glad I fluked the answer. Good luck in the future.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community