cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Not Access Website

McAfee is blocking a website I need access to.  I have accessed this site many times before with no problem, however I don't remember how long ago was the last time I accessed it.  I have tried on Edge, IE 11 and FIrefox to no avail.  When I turn off the McAfee Firewall I can readily access the site.  However with the Firewall On I get the following messages "can't reach this page" or "Unable to connect".  IE11 give the me the following error message as well under More Information: 

"There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND"

The website I am trying to access is http://www.sgllawgroup.com

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can Not Access Website

@kevglock 

Please perform the steps as per our article Net Guard blocks connections to specific websites when ratings are not trustworthy 

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members? give Kudos if appropriate

"Page not found"
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I have the same issue with my website talkaboutsleep. The error is the same as OP mentioned. I've already checked my blog via trustedsource.org, but the status is "Minimal Risk". When protection is off, everything works fine.
My browser is Google Chrome, version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).
Should I re-test it?
reputation.png

--Christian
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

I can access the site fine with Livesafe active and netguard active

Geesod
Level 7
Message 7 of 8

Sometimes I also can’t access certain sites. But then it turns out it was most likely a coincidence and did not depend on the antivirus.

Geesod
Level 7
Message 8 of 8

Sometimes I also can’t access certain sites. But then it turns out it was most likely a coincidence and did not depend on the antivirus. For example, recently I could not log in to my favorite https://www.loveaholics.com/ dating site. It is from my computer. But then the problem resolved by itself.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community