cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roseg_89
Level 7

CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

I have been following the thread "AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak" since last saturday".

Peacekeeper wrote: If you have the version/build of the program as posted by DougK_t3 ie You have build number 2.1.167.0 (of McClientAnalytics.dll and McClientAnalytics.exe files) and still having lock up by CPU this is a new issue and you ned to start a new thread and call support as it needs a new ticket. Don't shot the messenger only passing this on.

Has anyone contacted support about this issue? I started having the problem after the last update of McAfee Internet Security to version 14.0 R12 last saturday. I noticed everything is fine when the process is running. Then, when the service tries to stop, CPU usage goes well over 90% and hangs there. Cannot stop the process manually. Had to reboot my laptop. I disabled the service and everything is fine now.

254 Replies
imagika
Level 7

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

Ok i thought it was fixed browsing and it was ... There is a new problem now .  Every once in awhile the client analytic will climb in cpu usage and sometimes lock up computer .  It dosent seem like a memory leak anymore but it will climb sometimes and lock up cpu when opening chrome.  Also i have been getting these ---

The activation of the CLSID {E782BE15-9936-4A7F-8DF9-9AB95D229DF1} timed out waiting for the service ClientAnalyticsService to stop.

That will pop up every 2 hours or so along with the problem of the cpu usuage somtimes climbing.  I woke up this morning with over 150 errors of the line above so i dont know what's going on.  Am going to disable it till i hear some news or something.

Forgot to add that i've also been getting these -

Faulting application name: McClientAnalytics.exe, version: 2.1.167.0, time stamp: 0x588a7549

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x5825887f

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f8283

Faulting process id: 0x27fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d28108973e47fc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\Legacy\McClientAnalytics.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 92253036-8801-4408-9798-b158a2c9191b

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I was told to move this to a new thread i hope this is the right place?

catdaddy
Level 20

You were correct in doing so..Thanks

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

We would like to gather logs from your PC in order to investigate this further. We will continue our discussion privately if you're volunteering to share logs.

Regards

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
bonzo47
Level 7

Thank you for your input into this issue. I realise you have only just become aware of the problem but are you able to answer this one question - does disabling ClientAnalyticalServices weaken the security of my PC and increase the chance of viral attack?

Thanks.

B.

0 Kudos
rockykendall
Level 7

I am having similar problem in that cpu usage is 70% from analytics sdk and Mcafee scanner 188 mb.

i am not super technical, but my computer is completely unusable .

Any solutions?

0 Kudos
bonzo47
Level 7

- this is what I did (I followed advice on another forum): it worked for me and I'm no PC expert either:

Go to Control Panel, then System and Security, then Administrative Tools.

Find “Services” and double left click.

Scroll down to ClientAnalyticalServices and right click.

Click on Properties.

Change Start up to Disabled (it should be on either manual or automatic currently. I think mine was manual)

It may take some time because your PC is presumably running very slowly, as mine was. I'm talking several minutes to respond to each command!

Let me know how you get on. The daft thing is no-one (as yet) has explained what the heck this program does and yet disabling it apparently has no effect on my PC security. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of spy-in-the-cab device which logs my every keystroke!

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

CD explained up a page that it have nothing to do with Virusscan or your security. This was confirmed back in the er "blog" that was the original Memory issue thread. DougK_t3 ( high level McAfee tech and who organized the memory fix) stated that it had nothing to do with the Virusscan version.

0 Kudos
bonzo47
Level 7

- yes I saw that, thank you. I haven't questioned that again - just still very curious what ClientAnalyticalServices and Analytics SDK actually do!

0 Kudos
rockykendall
Level 7

I changed the setting to disabled and I seem to  be getting around the problem.Thank YOU.

For other people's information, this is what he suggested:

Go to Control Panel, then System and Security, then Administrative Tools.

Find “Services” and double left click.

Scroll down to ClientAnalyticalServices and right click.

Click on Properties.

Change Start up to Disabled (it should be on either manual or automatic currently. I think mine was manual)

0 Kudos