cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinner2010
Level 7

CHEAT ENGINE BLOWED WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!!

Hey mcafee guys why did u blow  cheat engine from my pc WITHOUT ASKING MY PERMISSION????

Its 7am and i am already 4 hours trying to get it back all in vain!!!

i ve been using CE since years without any problem so why do u guys think u got the rights to decide which program i should use or not???

And dont tell me i should send it to u because it keep telling me "ERROR FILE TO BIG".

So please do something quicly because I WANT MY CHEAT ENGINE BACK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR I WONT RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION WITH MCAFEE AGAIN!!!!

Violla.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: CHEAT ENGINE BLOWED WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!!

Hello Violla,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but sound like few of the cheat engines are really infected one, please check this post for more information:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/31508?tstart=0

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

I downloaded the program and sent the file to Mcafee labs for confirmation. Version 5.6.1 was the 1 I grabbed.

Submitted to virustotal 6 out of 43 scanners give a positive. Wait and see what Mcafee says

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 7/01/11 7:32:16 PM
0 Kudos
sinner2010
Level 7

i dont think so because i had the older version 5.5 on my pc for months and mcafee never cared about. i had mcafee and Cheat engine on my pc working fine the whole time then last night it just disappeared!!!mcafee just decided it was a virus after hundreds of scans...and now i tried the new version 5.6.1 and its also not allowed. and i am downloading it from the official CE site...

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

As 6 out of 46 scanners vetoed it I would assume that comfirms a false +ve. Will need to wait for their reply.

Did you email them the file as well?

0 Kudos
knight8183
Level 7

Worst part of McAfee is that I'm finding it still continues to auto-delete cheat engine while "real-time protection" is disabled.  That's auto-delete and won't even put the deleted file into quarantined list.  Malicious behavior if I ever saw one.

People are opting out of anti-virus programs that cost money because of things like this(I definitely am not renewing my subscription).  Why use one that costs money when a free one works just as well and configurable?

McAfee's killing off its revenue if this continues.

0 Kudos
sinner2010
Level 7

WOW!!!!same here!!! it get deleted as soon as i click over it even when total protection is off!! how does it work???

I def ll NOT renew my subscription...my son just told me i am very silly because i payed so much money for this antivirus when i can get better ones for free...

I actually really like mcafee i use it for many years now, but it is getting more and more like a DICTATOR!!!

0 Kudos
sinner2010
Level 7

yes i finally got to zip it and send...now im waiting to see what they ll say...

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Strange No reply yet past times replied nearly immediately. Will update when I hear anything

0 Kudos
knight8183
Level 7

Probably a big no-no for bumping up old threads, but since the mods "promised" to update if anything's up, just rehashing and reminding that it's still a current problem.

Tested out McAfee after a bit, still deletes Cheat Engine despite it being used safely and accepted by hundreds, thousands of people at the least.

Seriously, safety is trumped by convenience if it continually deletes/quarantines without permission, especially when free anti-virus programs can have better features over a paid AV program.

0 Kudos