cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scareware047
Level 7

CAN'T REINSTALL McAfee AFTER THE UPDATE BUG THING!!! PLS HELP ME!!!

Jump to solution

hey!!!

i need help!!!

when i opened my laptop 2 day , mcafee wasnt working, when i checked it out on d internet, there was an announcement about this update not working properly, i followed its solutions and downloaded some software after which it was supposed 2 work all right but when i restarted the computer it was still d same, so i decided to reinstall it, but when i try to download it from the internet, it downloads the whole file then displays an error at the end of the installation " we couldn't install any of the features ..... " , so i download McAfee virtual technican, but it just displayed an error no McAfee products found,

so basically i can't reinstall it !!!!

pls help!!!

( btw, i bought this laptop like last month (its a dell alienware m17x r4 india and it shows that my warrant will begin from next month and my McAffe (used to) show that i got more than 365 days left )

but now i can't do anything, and when i start the laptop it also shows some ifrmwrk.exe not working and something else

pls help!!!!

(aiee my net has stopped working wierd it stops working when i try 2 post this )

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
knsingh
Level 9

Re: CAN'T REINSTALL McAfee AFTER THE UPDATE BUG THING!!! PLS HELP ME!!!

Jump to solution

Hi,

After doing some research online I found ifrmwrk.exe is a component of Intel PRO/Set Wireless Software. The error you receive may have been caused due to corruption of the software. As mentioned it’s a new laptop you may try to restore computer to factory settings and if you need assistance in Installing McAfee after that you may use useful links from top of the page to contact our technical support team or follow the FAQ http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Regards

Kriz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scareware047
Level 7

Jump to solution

* (its a dell alienware m17x r4 india and it shows that my warranty will begin from next month

0 Kudos
supp@user
Level 9

Jump to solution

Please, provide us with more info.

1. What is the operating system and what service pack?

2. Which one of the McAfee products you are trying to reinstall?

0 Kudos
knsingh
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi,

After doing some research online I found ifrmwrk.exe is a component of Intel PRO/Set Wireless Software. The error you receive may have been caused due to corruption of the software. As mentioned it’s a new laptop you may try to restore computer to factory settings and if you need assistance in Installing McAfee after that you may use useful links from top of the page to contact our technical support team or follow the FAQ http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Regards

Kriz

0 Kudos