Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muldoonc
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 111 of 121

Re: Blue Screen Installation Error ***mfehidk01.sys***

I have had all the blue screen problems on my Toshiba Laptop and I have posted my detailed experiences on here in the last three weeks. I have been down the long road with the Help Desk and virtual technicians and money back etc. I have had all the " wait 2 weeks for patch" etc and the installs and reinstalls.

I was going to simply purchase a competitors anti virus package when low and behold a very kind gentleman form McAfee contacted me directly and now I am pleased the problem is sorted and my McAfee Protection 2010 is working perfectly.

It would be amiss of me not to provide this positive feedback and successful conclusion since Mcafee have evenntually sorted the problem on my laptop.

Thank you

Do you know what He did if yours is an amd cpu the fix being tested in beta works so maybe he installed that fix. Interested in finding out

This to save users reading the whole thread.

1 BSODs with win 7 64bit and amd cpus in Toshiba PCs issue is fixed in an update starting Late September

2. Other BSODS or booting issues following an update could be network drivers see this post

https://community.mcafee.com/message/150924#150924

not sure if this affects above mfehidk01 error but worth a look

Daniel51
Level 7
Message 114 of 121

Let me just say that I installed the latest McAfee Total Protection on Aug 30th on my Dell Windows 7 Ultimate machine, and my computer would not reboot the next day.  Actually, it went into a continuous reboot loop, with no chance to log in.  Mouse and keyboard would not respond and let me access safe mode, contol panel, restore,  or anything else.  My keyboard is not wireless. Sent in a service request to McAfee, no response. Took it to a computer Repair store, asked them to remove McAfee.  Somehow they did. Guess what, computer works great now (I elected to have them install a leading competing AntiVirus Product and not reinstall McAfee).  Admittedly, I am not very knowledgable about computers. However, based on my experience, I am qualified to recommend  that you NOT install McAfee Total Protection on your machine.  It trashed mine.

Sorry that you had all the trouble and sorry to see you go.

Just for your future use you can prevent automatic reboot at system failure:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1795

At least that gives one the chance to read error codes associated with system failures.

Daniel51
Level 7
Message 116 of 121

Hmm.  Based on your link, step one from Ex_Brit to prevent automatic system reboot,  is to click on the "start button" in the control panel.  Now just HOW would one do that if McAfee total protection has mangaged to make my mouse and my keyboard completely unresponsive.  My solution, take it to a good PC repair place, have them uninstall McAfee, and put on Bitdefender.  Runs Great now.  I took McAfee off my wireless Windows XP computer as well for good measure and replaced with Bitdefender, so I can get my REFUND from McAfee, and I do not have to worry about my wireless  computer blue screening.

Also Dells can have the wireless driver installed when not even using wireless so some found. It would have been nice to get 1 of the techs to check your PC remotely as to whether the driver was there.

Too late now I assume. Would it be possible to have the dell model number?

Daniel51
Level 7
Message 118 of 121

Dell Studio XPS 435T according to system in my contol panel.  The receipt said Studio XPS 9000, 1VFGPL1, Intel Core i7-920 processor (8 MB L3 Cache 2.66Ghz, 12GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz).   Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit.

The preinstalled McAfee that Dell provided was fine.  But the Total Protection trashed the system.  Yes, I uninstalled the preinstalled version, and rebooted, prior to installing Total Protection.

You can alter those reboot settings in Safe Mode probably...for future reference.

Unfortunately, this reply is not a solution to the problem.

But I felt compelled to tell everyone that I got an email wanting to know if my ticket could now be closed as they believed the issue was now resolved.

I thanked them very much and asked whether as a jesture of good will they would consider extending my licence subscription to cover the 6 months that I have been unable to use their product, due to this BSOD issue. I even pointed out that I have been a loyal user for over 15 years.

I was given a very generous 1 month extension.

I think I'll file this under 'customer service FAIL'

Many thanks McAfee. NOT!!!!

Regards,

Rob

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community