cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Blue Screen Installation Error ***mfehidk01.sys***

Not up with this issue will let Peter respond. I had to edit your post as for some reason the formatting was out heaps.

The beta version should get a boost soon as they intend releasing a major update mid to late July and that needs testing.

Highlighted

Not too sure what to suggest actually.  That memory dump is really only useful to Technical Support Chat people so you might want to open a case with them.  (Useful Links above).

The other idea might be to try the beta for now?    Tony what do you think?

Highlighted

Beta is same build though this should change soon. I have only seen the error 1 time and that on shutdown on my old PC with win 7 32 bit. Never again. Asked again in our call agenda for Monday

Highlighted

Thanks Peacekeeper for fixing my post.  I copy and pasted into Google Chrome and for some reason I lost all my paragraphs.  Tried to edit but still coudn't get it right.

Sounds like the next beta release is the best hope.  But will see what my client wants to do.  She may just cut her losses and go with another security suite.

It's a mystery why this Compaq Notebook with W7 32 bit refuses to install any of the current McAfee antivirus products. (including the current beta)

Highlighted

We had a big talk re this issue today and our tech also had a long talk with the developers . Unfortunately they cannot find a cause as yet. I and ex_brit use both versions of win 7 and to date have not seen it on installations. There must be some common cause. They are still digging deeper into the issue sorry.

Highlighted

Peacekeeper,

I'm using Security Center 9.15.175. Installed via AT&T licensing.

Although I no longer have the Error message regarding mfehidk01.sys, the VirusScan service occasionally stops running, I get a popup, and have to restart it. Earlier it was multiple times a day. Now it's down to once every day or two. When VirusScan is working and I generate a System Health Report, it shows a warning that Security Center has not recorded an anti-virus product. (I assume the term "Security Center" is a "dinasaur track" from XP/Vista, since Win7 has no such application.) When I generate this report, Activity Center and McAfee ServiceCenter both indicate VirusScan is present and running. Those (the diagnostic warning message and the periodic scan shutdown) are the two issues I indicated should be separate threads, but what the heck.

Win7/64 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO mobo

AMD Phenom II x4 3.2GHz CPU

AMD BIOS 3/19/2010

4GB  RAM

Turbodog

Highlighted

That's AT&T ISP, not AT&T Corporate.

Highlighted

Oh, through all that I probably didn't answer the question. VirusScan version 13.15.117 was installed as part of the SecurityCenter when I downloaded it early last week. Last Update 6/5/2010, DAT 6004.0000, Engine 5400.1158.

Highlighted

I too am having the same problem on a dell PC with win7 64 bit.  I have uninstalled total protection and I'm currently using AVG without any problems.  I tried to contact mcafee tech support via chat, but was placed in an interminable queue.

I emailed tech support and requested to be notified if/when a patch or other work around is available.

Would be nice if mcafee posted this issue prominantly on their website, but I based on history that's not likely to happen.

Highlighted

Mate amd cpu by chance?

The fix for amd cpu issue and some manufacturers bioses is coming end September. It is in the beta version I am running so unless someone is interested in uninstalling and jioning the beta too install it you will have to wait.  I cannot be sure the beta fix is your issue but it is for amd cpus where the bios reports the wrong number of cpus and mcafee bsods

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 13/09/10 2:33:09 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 13/09/10 2:38:09 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community