cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoupdated to 2010 version

All I saw was a prompt to restart, and the system tray McAfee icons and program windows looked different. I panicked and started a support chat - support person assured me that the change is genuine and that McAfee Security Centre has updated itself to the "latest 2010 version".My question is this: I have bought a 3 year license through Dell along with my new desktop - this has come with a install disk. In case I need to re-install McAfee software, do I first install the old version and allow it to update itself again? Or, is there a way to create a fresh install disk from the current version on the hard disk?

Thanks in advance,

tagMacher

1 Reply

Re: Autoupdated to 2010 version

No way to create a new disk but you can always install from your online account rather than the CD.  Right-click the taskbar icon and go to "View my Account".

That way you will always get the latest version.

Or go here: https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx?affid=105

That's the US English site.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 25/08/10 3:14:40 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community