cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic updates don't update

Jump to solution

I have automatic updates enabled in my Security Center, but a couple weeks ago it just stopped updating automatically. It will have that little blue circle with the arrow in the McAfee shield in the tray icon as if it's updating, but it won't actually do anything until I double-click on it and the window opens. It's like it's just notifying me now that it needs to be updated instead of actually doing it by itself.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Automatic updates don't update

Jump to solution

This is a known issue ( Spinning Blue Arrow) and is resolved in v14.0.5084/5120. May I ask what Version you have? There are some whom have yet to receive it, as they are on v14.0.4121. However it is being throttled out.

Also, are you receiving your Daily Engine Versions? If not , try the following as a 'Work around'

1- Open your McAfee Security Center

2- Navigation > General Settings and Alerts > Expand Access Protection > uncheck/click apply.

3- Check for updates > After being updated enable Access Protection/apply afterwards.

The (Updating Issue) is a known issue as well ,and is in the pipeline/forthcoming.

CD

( Note ) Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
7 Replies

Jump to solution

This is a known issue ( Spinning Blue Arrow) and is resolved in v14.0.5084/5120. May I ask what Version you have? There are some whom have yet to receive it, as they are on v14.0.4121. However it is being throttled out.

Also, are you receiving your Daily Engine Versions? If not , try the following as a 'Work around'

1- Open your McAfee Security Center

2- Navigation > General Settings and Alerts > Expand Access Protection > uncheck/click apply.

3- Check for updates > After being updated enable Access Protection/apply afterwards.

The (Updating Issue) is a known issue as well ,and is in the pipeline/forthcoming.

CD

( Note ) Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

yes I have v14.0.4121. I guess I'll wait till I get the new one and see how it works out. Thanks.

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Mark where did you get your Mcafee suite from the partners ie Dell/ISPs etc are still to be updated whereas if you purchased from Mcafee ie affid =0 (in about) you should have it.

Jump to solution

I got it straight the McAfee website here, that's where I always renew my subscription to make sure I get everything nd it's downloaded correctly.

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Due to the fact you purchased directly from McAfee. Your ( affid: 0 ) I would have thought you already received either v14.0.5084/5120. You will indeed eventually be updated, However if you choose not to wait. You can always first remove your subscription from your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Restart and then use the McAfee (MCPR) Tool/Restart.

Then go to your account and re-install. How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool   I received mine on October 14th. Just thought I would add that.

All the very Best,

CD/Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Jump to solution

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer