cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone facing Update issues for Antivirus Plus on Windows 10?

Hello. I have McAfee Antivirus plus, on Windows 10. It was last updated on 4-Nov-2015. Since then, whenever I startup the computer, a warning pops up saying McAfee is not up to date. The Real Time scanning is always "Starting up", but never starts actually. The Updates also, is always "Running" at 0% completed, but never goes above 0%.

Any ideas about this problem? (Have attached screenshot of the Update screen)

4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Anyone facing Update issues for Antivirus Plus on Windows 10?

I moved this to Consumer > General

Try running the Virtual Technician to see if it can cure the problem:  https://mvt.mcafee.com/

If that doesn't help I suggest uninstalling the software, cleaning up and reinstalling from the online account as per:  HERE

exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

I forgot to add, make sure your system clock is accurate, date, time, timezone etc.

I have this problem also, although sometimes when I go to the screen above it will finally finish checking for updates.

Also every day or so, I am notified that my firewall is turned off, and McAfee wants me to turn it back on. Why would my firewall keep getting shut off? I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 and it still does both these things.

After doing the reinstall if the issue still remains try going to Navigation general settings and alerts and access protection and disable Access protection. Retry the manual update and then re-enable Access protection as it needs to be on . Some users are having such an issue and this workaround helps