cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosch1516
Level 7

Antivirus Plus 2010 Subscription Activation not working

I recently installed Antivirus Plus 2010 on my computer (the OS is XP). As far as I know I completely uninstalled all the of the old edition, and then installed the new program using a CD. The installation itself was successful until I was required to renew my subscription using the product key, which I did. I was told I could use my existing account in the next window and, after clicking to the next window, it said that "WE" are currently unable to activate McAfee products at this time. This suggests that the problem lies on McAfee's end and it says that I will continue to get notifications until the problem is fixed, but I have no idea when that will be and my current subscription is set to expire in a few days. Anyone know anything about this, or is it just my computer?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dinz
Level 16

Re: Antivirus Plus 2010 Subscription Activation not working

Hi Bosch1516,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused in activating McAfee products. Please run the mcAfee removal tool from here and restart the computer.

Try activating the products using the same product key and it should register through.

Please do let me know if any issues on the same.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Community Moderator

0 Kudos
bosch1516
Level 7

Discovered a quick solution. Rather than choose to use my old account settings to renew my subscription, I chose the option of opening a new account; I then answered that I already had an account, at which point I was prompted to give my username and password (up to this point I was not given that option). After submitting that, my subscription was activated immediately, but thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Glad that you found a resolution and thanks for sharing the same. Please do open a new thread if any issues.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

0 Kudos