cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti-Theft Service can´t unlock / renew

Jump to solution

Hi.

So i had the Intel Anti-theft security installed and my laptop locked.

To unlock, i know what i need to do, i´ve done it in the past, the thing is that when i log to my Macaffe account my console is gone, the Anti-Theft trial expired and i can´t even renew it (there´s no option for renew).

How can i unlock it with the code that is being displayed in the screen of the laptop when i can´t even log to the console like i used to do?

I tought that i could just renew the service if needed, but since there´s not that option im lost here.

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anti-Theft Service can´t unlock / renew

Jump to solution

Yes, you guys at Mcafee ROCK...

I never experienced such a awsome costumer support, im speechless!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Jump to solution

John,

I presume that you forgot the password which you entered previously to unlock the machine in locked state..!

It 'll be more helpful if you could post the photograph of the locked screen here..!

Regards

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

John,

I have a clarification whether you tried to uninstall the Anti Theft application from the control panel.

Please provide us the information regarding the changes made to the computer for instance doing Operating System Re-installation..??

Regards

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Well since my trial was ending i tried to uninstall the Anti Theft application from the control panel, but i couldn´t, the uninstaller hanged, i waited for hours, never actually uninstalled.

Since i had the app with the option something like "file security encryption" or something like that, my OS got really messy, this was almost a year ago, back then i decided to just reinstall the OS.

Some time later i found out that i should have deactivated the security thing in the app, so it didn´t block the system every 30 days or something.

I managed to solve it by accessing my Macafee panel... i tried to go to the bios of the laptop and even deactivate the Intel Anti-Theft option but that message keeps on coming each 30 days or whatever the timer is set to...

I know i probably should have installed the app again and deactivate everything, but it was simply a matter of always being way too busy and i kept postponing it...

Well now i don´t know what to do, since there´s no console to get my code to pass the bios thing...

Message was edited by: johnkeelaudio on 9/25/13 3:32:47 PM CDT
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Alright I'll pass on this information to the concerned team. Will get back to you If I need further information/Clarification. Please be patient while I make progress in the background.

Regards.

Jump to solution

John,

The issue seems to be resolved. Where you able to unlock your computer??

0 Kudos
alemao
Level 7

Jump to solution

what a joke, called macfee and it isn suported any more ..... the support told me to buy a new notbook....

havn found any solution..... stuck at the bios login form macfee and sony ......... enter passoword or server token password...... Iḿ lost ..... some idears?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes, you guys at Mcafee ROCK...

I never experienced such a awsome costumer support, im speechless!

Thanks!

0 Kudos