cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belousovaea
Level 7

Almost disappointed with antivirus

Hello, please help me! MC Afee security scan plus sais that virus and spy programme is switched off. The proposed solution - to buy an antivirus programme. But I baught it only in  November 2012 for 1 year.

I used virtual technician - it fixed 2 problems of 6. Cannot fix the rest. What to do? The details below

For this half-year it is already thje second time that I have PC at risk alert while I have an antivirus.

Results
VirusScan - McAfee Internet Security 3-User 15.6.245
Problem: ()
Pending: DAT out of date
Problem: Service(s) not running (1)
SiteAdvisor 3.6.187
Problem: Missing files (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Almost disappointed with antivirus

Virtual Technician is broken at the moment because one of its servers is down so don't rely on that.  Security Scan Plus probably relies on the same servers so just as unreliable.

If your McAfee SecurityCenter is showing green and telling you that all is OK, that's all you need to worry about.

McAfee Security Scan Plus should be uninstalled - via Control Panel in the usual manner.   It is merely a sales tool that is an optional download with some products, most notably Adobe Flash etc. etc.   Perhaps you missed the fact that it was included with a download from them or another vendor.

0 Kudos
belousovaea
Level 7

Thank you. It seems to be of help

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

You're welcome ;-)

0 Kudos