cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Windows 10 editions to get 10 years of support...

5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: All Windows 10 editions to get 10 years of support...

An interesting change in Microsoft's usual support cycle for the last 5 years of it and good to know.

There was another article on the 'Eula' agreement. Basically saying that once licensed for your individual OS, you will Automatically receive Security/Hardware patches. Gone are the days of selectively installing certain updates. In other words, you are either all-in, or not.

Of course this helps in regards to 'Pirated Copies' of the Software.

Here it is: Windows 10 license confirms no-warning automatic updates and upgrades | Computerworld

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21
Message 4 of 6

This is all in line with their way of thinking, that their offerings should now be regarded as a Service rather than mere software.   I fault them on some things though, the main one being how they whittle down each OS as time goes on.   Vista was/is the last "great" OS that had all the bells and whistles (in the top edition at least), whereas now you have to go looking for other brands of software to bridge that gap, mail and media-center for instance.   I can understand it in a way, I suppose it's inevitable with the streamlining of any company.   Us old timers relied so heavily on the OS having all we needed.  Oh well, those days are long gone people, so get over it !!   ;-)

exbrit
Level 21
Message 5 of 6

I forgot to add I wish they'd bring back AeroGlass for Windows 10 and upwards.   It made for much more interesting visuals.  Now that too has to be downloaded as separate software.

Very True

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer