cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzard21
Level 7

After installing total protection 2010, open command no longer available when selecting multiple files?

Hello, Im looking for some help I recently installed Mcafee Total Protection 2010 on my pc, now I am having a few annoying side affects I am hoping someone can help me clear up.

First of all I am running on win xp pro sp3. When I have an explorer window open and I select multiple files to open when I right click the "open" command is no longer there, only the "open with" however if I choose open with and browse to the program I am trying to open the files with it only opens one of the files in the list.

Secondly and I believe it is caused from the same problem when I am trying to combine a group of PDF files with acrobat in an explorer window I select the files I want to combine, right click and select "combien in adobe acrobat" nothing happens.

These are things I have been doing on a daily basis for years with out a problem and only now after this installation have become an issue.

Does anyone know of a setting within the total protection program that will restore these functions?

Thanks in advance

-Buz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aldrin
Level 12

Re: After installing total protection 2010, open command no longer available when selecting multiple files?

Hey Buz,

McAfee would not make any such changes to the computer but looks like somthing got changed with Windows file extensions... Try to re-register shell32.dll [regsvr32 shell32.dll] and see what happens...

0 Kudos
buzzard21
Level 7

Re: After installing total protection 2010, open command no longer available when selecting multiple files?

Thanks for the reply, I just tried your suggestion but it did not make a difference sadly.

-Buz

on 8/17/10 9:53:42 AM CDT
0 Kudos
buzzard21
Level 7

I have now uninstalled & reinstalled the program and it appears to have fixed the issue.

0 Kudos