cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shan
Level 7

*******Activation problem *******

Jump to solution

Recently I bought an acer laptop which has Mcafee internet security preinstalled.....It needs to be activated now as the subscription period has expired .....But whenever I press the blue "ACTIVATION" bar nothing appears....I keep on pressing it but no results...............

ALSO Plz let me knw the subscription fee ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: *******Activation problem *******

Jump to solution

Try contacting Technical Support then.   That's your best bet right now.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/02/12 7:39:40 EST AM
0 Kudos
8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Is this a new computer and was McAfee installed by the seller as part of a package?   If so what is the operating system and service pack?  Also have you registered an online account with McAfee?

To activate you need an active Internet connection and regardless of your default browser, McAfee uses Internet Explorer, so make sure it's totally up to date and set to its defaults.

You can obtain help free of charge here:  http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=3081&sg=TS

Or by phone here: India - 1800 419 2454* or 000 8004401144*

* 9am to 9pm (India Standard Time), 7 days a week.

Your subscription fee varies according to the software you have and the nature of your license.  But the product pages for India are here:  http://home.mcafee.com/Default.aspx?culture=EN-IN

You can speak to Customer Service also about that - phone numbers above.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/01/12 6:43:47 EST AM
0 Kudos
shan
Level 7

Jump to solution

yes mcafee was installed by the seller .....windows 7 operating system ...and using internet xplorer only

Message was edited by: shan on 13/1/12 7:25:27 AM CST
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Thank you.   I hope that is Windows 7 SP1 as McAfee System Requirements are SP1.  You can tell by right-clicking Computer on your desktop or in the Start Menu and selecting Properties.

If it isn't SP1 please read here for instructions and a download link:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2205

Also I would hope that Internet Explorer is IE9 - you can tell by opening it and selecting Help/About.

If it isn't you can download from Microsoft.  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/downloads/ie

Once done open Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and click Reset, Apply and OK any prompts.

Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/manage Add-Ons and re-enable any you need.

Try the Activation again.

If all that fails to help at least your computer will be up to date more or less, but you can check that by going to Windows Update.

In that case either phone Technical Support or use the Online Chat function, both free.   They should be able to help you.

But I do recommend that you update as above beforehand.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/01/12 8:46:30 EST AM
0 Kudos
shan
Level 7

Jump to solution

yes sir it has sp1  and IE 9

0 Kudos
shan
Level 7

Jump to solution

the "activate " bar in my installed software is nt still working

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Try contacting Technical Support then.   That's your best bet right now.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/02/12 7:39:40 EST AM
0 Kudos
pusaqall
Level 7

Jump to solution

You could also try restoring your computer to its default settings. McAfee will surely get back to normal, but will surely be out to date.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

pusaqall wrote:

You could also try restoring your computer to its default settings. McAfee will surely get back to normal, but will surely be out to date.

That would have absolutely no effect on this problem.   Activation fails when the computer can't communicate with the online servers.  Call Technical Support, as I already stated or use the online chat function.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/02/12 7:38:36 EST AM
0 Kudos