cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Auto-Renewal / Refund

McAfee Auto-Renewals happen once a trial subscription is nearing expiry. The amount will be deducted from the Credit Card information which was furnished during initial setup of trial subscription (using an Email and Password).

What do I do if I have been Auto Renewed?

Auto-Renewal happens to the Subscription wherein you have enabled this feature. This is to ensure that McAfee security software does not expires putting your PC into risk.

Subscriptions that are renewed automatically are 100% eligible for a full Refund within 30 days (For 1,1+ Year trial Subscriptions grace period is 60 days) from date of Auto-Renewal. Users can notice a debit in their CC and have received a receipt from McAfee through Email which will give detailed information regarding Auto-renewal.

Whom shall I contact to get a Refund?

Users whom are eligible for a Refund can contact McAfee’s Customer Service Department from the below link and initiate a request for Refund to the Subscription that was renewed recently. Refund Requests cannot be entertained through Emails and hence users should call Customer Service directly or start a Chat Session for quicker response.

Contact Refund Department

How can I stop Auto-Renewal from happening again in future?

Once users establish contact with Customer Service department you can request the agent to disable Auto Renewal feature and remove Credit Card information from our Database if required.

If you are comfortable doing this yourselves head on to https://home.mcafee.com and login using your credentials. Once logged in click on Down arrow next to MyAccount at the top right of the screen. You will find options to Edit your Billing details and switch for Auto-Renewal feature.

What if I have multiple Subscriptions under a single Email Account?

If you have multiple Product Subscriptions and unsure which one got renewed automatically, Please Contact McAfee’s Customer Service department (link above) whom will provide you with details of all your Subscriptions and guide you further in getting the correct Refund.

Will my PC be Protected If I opt for Refund?

Your PC will be protected until the Trial version is valid;once you opt for a Refund to the Subscription that was Auto renewed, PCs that were protected under the same Subscription will no longer be protected. You should either purchase a different (new) McAfee Subscription or downgrade to any other Free AV solution.

Whether Refund is available to Subscriptions that came through my System Manufacturer?

No, you can get a Refund to the Subscription only for which you pay. Yearly Subscriptions from System manufacturers and McAfee’s Partners are not eligible for Refund.However Refund will be available for the ones wherein you have been Auto-Renewed (Paid by you) after a Trial Subscription nears expiry.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎06-15-2014 01:25 PM
Updated by:

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community